Mt. Begbie Brewery is hiring a full-time Sous chef to join our culinary team for our tasting room and lounge!
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our guest’s satisfaction.
• Helping in the design and preparation of food menu.
• Producing high quality plates both design and taste wise.
• Ensuring that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
• Fill in for the head chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
• Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance.
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately when necessary.
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
• 2+ years of experience as a sous chef.
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management.
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
• Familiar with industry’s best practices.
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (Touch Bistro, MS Office, Excel )
• Red seal or related certificate would be a plus but not required.
If you meet the above requirements please send in your resume to email@example.com or in person at 2155 Oak Drive, don’t miss this opportunity to join a talented team at one of Canada’s best Brewery’s.