The Sutton Place Revelstoke is recruiting for the position of full time Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Tech will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The successful applicant must have good communication skills, be service oriented, good at planning and organizing work, critical thinking, a team worker and responsible and accountable for own job performance.
• Comply with Health and Safety and WHMIS requirements for Personal Protective Equipment.
• Respond to client requests for maintenance in hotel rooms.
• Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
• Clean light fixtures and change light bulbs/tubes.
• Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds etc.
• Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair, within skill level.
• Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, perform routine checks of boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
• Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems).
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
• Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required
• Regular Pool and Hot Tub Maintenance and Checks
• Moving Furniture
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
• High school diploma/GED.
• 2 years of maintenance experience or Trade background
• Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
• Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures, waterproofing and tiling).
• Strong customer service orientation and skills.
Provincial Medical, Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care, Matching RRSP program (after 1 year of service) for full time employment only.
Third Party partnership discounts for all employees.
The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
How to apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sutton Place Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.