PT - Guest Service Agent
The Guest Service Agent will be responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Other duties will include registering guests, making and modifying reservations, acting as hotel operator, and performing concierge duties. The Guest Service Agent must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. The Guest Service Agent must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
• Greet guests with a smile and answer their questions as required.
• Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
• Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
• Works in conjunction with the bell staff to assist guests to their rooms.
• Answers various questions from guests.
• Arranges transportation for guests.
• Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
• Makes coffee in the morning for guests.
• Arranges for champagne and other items to be sent to rooms when appropriate.
• Runs various reports on the computer for management.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift.
• Complete shift audits as required.
• Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours pending activity.
• Check telephone interfaces throughout shift.
• Check all unresolved departures.
• Review service requests for arrivals.
• Ensure front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for the day.
• Write all wake-up call requests on specified form and enter on switchboard.
• Complete in-house bucket check.
• Complete welcome calls.
• Clean and tidy front desk area.
• Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
• Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
• Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written message for staff members.
• As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
• Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
• Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
• Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
• Performs other duties as required
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
• Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
• 1 year of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk Preferred
• Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
• Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
• Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
• Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
• Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
• Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
• Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
• Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft and Maestro software packages