Position Title: Office Assistant
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; between 9 am – 5pm (Minimum 30 hours a week)
Position Start: Mid June – Sept 1st 2018 (may vary)
Education: Applicants must be students who are returning to High School or a Post Secondary Institution in the fall.
Languages: Excellence in English (verbal and written communication)
PC Aptitude: Computer experience and comfortable working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
This position will provide general administrative support to the Black Tie team.
• Assisting with various projects as required for Revelstoke Adventure Park, such as:
o Marketing and promoting;
o Managing website and other social media sites;
o Preparing and participating at open houses and public events;
o Liaising with contractors;
o Drafting correspondence, editing documents and letters.
• Responding to enquiries via email or telephone.
• Travel bookings and scheduling for COO.
• Preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes.
• Filing, faxing and photocopying.
• Maintaining office supplies.
• Ensuring cleanliness of office and meeting room.
Critical Skills and Competencies
• Proactive and positive attitude.
• Excellent computer skills and well as website and social media skills.
• Good knowledge of tourism industry.
• Familiarity with local area.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and a willingness to work in a dynamic environment.
• Professional demeanor.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
To be eligible for this opportunity, candidates must be returning to full-time education in the fall.
**To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org**